CONWAY DAILY SUN: CONWAY WANTS TO KEEP LAND UNDEVELOPED

by Christian Mower on May 1, 2012

THE CONWAY DAILY SUN SAYS CONWAY TOWN OFFICIALS HOPE TO CONVINCE THE STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE TO DELAY THE SALE OF MORE THAN 11 ACRES OF LAND ALONG NORTH SOUTH ROAD IN ORDER TO KEEP THE LAND UNDEVELOPED.

SELECTMEN DISCUSSED THE ISSUE LAST WEEK AT THEIR REGULAR TUESDAY MEETING.

THE SUN SAYS SOME TOWN OFFICIALS EXPRESSED AN INTEREST IN PRESERVING THE PROPERTY AFTER BEING NOTIFIED BY THE STATE IT WAS WILLING TO SELL IT TO THE TOWN FOR NEARLY $51,000.

THE SUN SAYS SELECTMEN CHAIR* *DAVID WEATHERS WANTS THE TOWN TO PUT ITS MONEY TOWARD EASEMENTS – RATHER THAN BUYING THE PROPERTY OUTRIGHT – SAYING THAT APPROACH WOULD BE MORE COST EFFECTIVE AND ALLOW THE TOWN TO PROTECT MORE ACRES.

THE SUN SAYS THE STATE ORIGINALLY PURCHASED THE PROPERTY AS PART OF LAND IT ACQUIRED TO DEVELOP NORTH SOUTH ROAD.

WRITER: MACKENZIE TUESDAY MAY 1 2012 FROM THE CONWAY DAILY SUN, MAY 1 2012