ACCUSED CONWAY BANK ROBBER WAIVES PROBABLE CAUSE HEARING

by Christian Mower on June 21, 2012

CONWAY POLICE SAY THE CASE AGAINST AN ALLEGED BANK ROBBER IS HEADING TO A CARROLL COUNTY GRAND JURY FOR CONSIDERATION AFTER THE 36-YEAR-OLD GORHAM, NEW HAMPSHIRE SUSPECT APPEARED IN DISTRICT COURT IN CONWAY TUESDAY.

DETECTIVE SGT. CHRIS MATTEI SAYS 36-YEAR-OLD ROXANNE GILLIS ESTY WAIVED HER RIGHT TO A PROBABLE CAUSE HEARING DURING HER COURT APPEARANCE AND A JUDGE SET HER BAIL AT $50,000 CASH.

ESTY WAS ARRESTED EARLIER IN JUNE IN CONNECTION WITH THE MAY 11TH ROBBERY OF THE CONWAY BRANCH OF BANK OF NEW HAMPSHIRE ON MAIN STREET.

POLICE ALLEGEDLY FOUND EVIDENCE IN HER HOME LINKING HER TO ANOTHER BANK ROBBERY MAY 29TH AT THE KENNEBUNK SAVINGS BANK BRANCH IN YORK, MAINE.

NO ONE WAS HURT IN THE CONWAY INCIDENT AFTER ESTY ALLEGEDLY PRESENTED A NOTE TO A BANK TELLER DEMANDING MONEY. POLICE HAD RELEASED A PHOTO OF THE SUSPECT THAT HAD BEEN TAKEN BY A SECURITY CAMERA.

ESTY IS BEING HELD AT THE CARROLL COUNTY JAIL.

MATTEI SAYS IT’S LIKELY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WILL ASSUME CONTROL OVER THE CASE SINCE IT INVOLVES FEDERALLY INSURED MONEY AND THE STATES OF NEW HAMPSHIRE AND MAINE.