BAIL SET AT 100K CASH FOR CONWAY ROBBERY SUSPECT

by Christian Mower on November 10, 2011

 

ONE OF THE TWO MEN CHARGED BY CONWAY POLICE IN THE T.D. BANK NIGHT DEPOSIT ROBBERY LAST WEEK APPEARED IN DISTRICT COURT IN CONWAY THURSDAY MORNING.

LT. CHRIS PERLEY SAYS 32-YEAR-OLD MICHAEL J. REHMERT – THE FRYEBURG MAINE MAN POLICE ALLEGE JUMPED OVER THE HOOD OF THE VICTIM’S CAR THE NIGHT OF NOVEMBER 2ND BEFORE TAKING THE VICTIM’S CASH DEPOSIT, CAR KEYS AND CELL PHONE – DID NOT ENTER A PLEA ON FELONY CHARGES OF ARMED ROBBERY AND KIDNAPPING.

A JUDGE SET BAIL FOR REHMERT AT $100,000 CASH AND HE IS BEING HELD AT THE CARROLL COUNTY JAIL.

PERLEY CONFIRMS REHMERT HAS LIVED IN EAST CONWAY AND OSSIPEE NEW HAMPSHIRE AND HE ONLY RECENTLY MOVED TO FRYEBURG.

REHMERT IS LISTED AS A CONVICTED SEX OFFENDER BY THE SUPERIOR COURT IN PARIS, MAINE FOR UNLAWFUL SEXUAL CONTACT, A MISDEMEANOR.

A SPOKESPERSON FOR THE OXFORD COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY SAYS SHE’S UNABLE TO PROVIDE ANY DETAILS ABOUT REHMERT’S CRIMINAL RECORD.

MEANWHILE, THE SECOND SUSPECT IN THE ROBBERY CASE, 21-YEAR-OLD JOSHUA A. RIFF OF CONWAY, WHO IS CHARGED WITH CONSPIRACY AND BEING AN ACCOMPLICE, IS ALREADY ON PROBATION. PERLEY SAYS RIFF HAS A SUSPENDED STATE PRISON TIME HANGING OVER HIS HEAD. A SPOKESMAN FOR THE NEW HAMPSHIRE DEPT. OF CORRECTIONS WAS NOT AVAILABLE TO COMMENT ON WHY RIFF IS ON PROBATION.

RIFF IS ALSO BEING HELD AT THE CARROLL COUNTY JAIL – HIS BAIL HAS BEEN SET AT $50,000 CASH.