CDS: PINE TREE TO STAY OPEN

by Christian Mower on October 24, 2013

THE CONWAY DAILY SUN SAYS THE CONWAY SCHOOL BOARD HAS DECIDED NOT TO CLOSE PINE TREE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL.

THE SUN SAYS THE BOARD VOTED 5-1-1 LAST WEEK NOT TO CLOSE THE SCHOOL AND AGAINST CHANGING JOHN FULLER INTO A K-2 SCHOOL, CONWAY ELEMENTARY INTO A 3-5TH GRADE SCHOOL AND ADDING THE 6TH GRADE TO KENNETT MIDDLE SCHOOL.

THE SUN SAYS CLOSING PINE TREE WOULD HAVE SAVED MONEY BUT BOARD MEMBERS DECIDED THERE WERE TOO MANY HURDLES TO OVERCOME, INCLUDING PUBLIC SENTIMENT TO LEAVE THE CURRENT SYSTEM IN PLACE.

WRITER: MACKENZIE THURSDAY OCTOBER 24 2013 FROM THE CONWAY DAILY SUN

Leave a Comment