CONWAY MAN CHARGED IN MADISON CRASH

by Gair on July 2, 2013

MADISON POLICE SAY A 22-YEAR-OLD CONWAY MAN IS CHARGED WITH DWI AND DISOBEYING A POLICE OFFICER AFTER HE ALLEGEDLY CRASHED THE SUV HE WAS DRIVING IN MADISON FRIDAY NIGHT.

CHIEF JAMIE MULLEN SAYS OFFICER JILL BARBOUR RESPONDED AFTER 8 P.M. TO ROUTE 113 NEAR F.W. WEBB AND THE ENTRANCE TO EIDELWEISS AND FOUND CHRISTOPHER HENLEY LYING SEMI-CONSCIOUS IN THE ROAD – AND THE GMC ENVOY HE HAD BEEN DRIVING OFF THE ROAD.

NO ONE ELSE WAS INVOLVED.

MADISON FIRE DEPT. AND NORTH CONWAY AMBULANCE RESPONDED AND HENLEY WAS TAKEN TO MEMORIAL HOSPITAL IN NORTH CONWAY WITH WHAT MULLEN DESCRIBES AS “NON-LIFE THREATENING INJURIES.”

A SPOKESPERSON FOR THE HOSPITAL SAYS HENLEY WAS NOT LISTED AS A PATIENT THERE MONDAY, JULY 1, 2013.

MULLEN SAYS THE SPEED LIMIT WHERE HENLEY ALLEGEDLY CRASHED IS 40 MILES PER HOUR. HE’S CONSIDERING THREE POSSIBLE CONTRIBUTING FACTORS: ALCOHOL USE, EXCESSIVE SPEED AND DRIVER INATTENTION.

HE SAYS TWO WITNESSES REPORTED SEEING THE SUV BEING DRIVEN ERRATICALLY.

HENLEY IS CHARGED WITH DISOBEYING AN OFFICER BECAUSE HE ALLEGEDLY REFUSED TO GIVE BARBOUR HIS NAME AND ADDRESS.

Leave a Comment