CONWAY MAN EXTRADITED TO OHIO

by Gair on September 20, 2013

CONWAY POLICE SAY A 50-YEAR-OLD CONWAY MAN WHO USED TO LIVE IN OHIO HAS BEEN RETURNED TO OHIO TO FACE CHARGES OF RAPING A CHILD.

DETECTIVE SGT. CHRIS MATTEI SAYS TIMOTHY S. ZIMMERER OF KNOB HILL RD. WAS ESCORTED BACK TO OHIO AUG. 16, 2013 AFTER HE WAS INDICTED EARLIER IN THE SUMMER IN MEDINA COUNTY ON 16 FELONY COUNTS OF RAPE OF A CHILD UNDER THE AGE OF 13.

BECAUSE OF THE AGE OF THE ALLEGED VICTIM, A YOUNG GIRL, EACH COUNT CARRIES A POTENTIAL MAXIMUM PRISON TERM OF LIFE IN PRISON.

AFTER DETERMINING ZIMMERER OWNED PROPERTY IN CONWAY’S LAMPLIGHTER MOBILE HOME PARK, CONWAY DETECTIVE SUZANNE SCOTT TRACED THE SUSPECT TO MARS HILL, MAINE – WHERE HE WAS TAKEN INTO CUSTODY BY MAINE STATE POLICE.

MATTEI SAYS HIS DEPARTMENT WAS GLAD TO HELP THE MEDINA COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE AND THE FBI – AND HE THANKS MAINE STATE POLICE FOR QUICKLY APPREHENDING ZIMMERER.

MATTEI SAYS ZIMMERER – WHO WORKED IN SALES AND TRAVELED FREQUENTLY – HAS NO CRIMINAL RECORD IN CONWAY. MATTEI PRAISES SCOTT FOR HER WORK ON THE CASE, SAYING FINDING ZIMMERER IN MAINE WAS A BIG BREAK.

MATTEI SAYS THE ALLEGED CRIMES HAPPENED OVER A PERIOD OF TIME IN THE 1990s WHEN ZIMMERER LIVED IN OHIO. ZIMMERER LATER MOVED TO LOVELL, MAINE AND ESTABLISHED RESIDENCE IN THE VALLEY AREA.

MATTEI DECLINES TO DISCUSS THE SUSPECT’S RELATIONSHIP TO THE ALLEGED VICTIM. HE SAYS SOME EVIDENCE IN THE CASE WAS RECOVERED AFTER OFFICERS EXECUTED A SEARCH WARRANT IN  AUGUST 2013 AT THE KNOB HILL RD. ADDRESS.

A TRIAL DATE HAS NOT YET BEEN SET.

Leave a Comment