CONWAY MEGABUCKS WINNER ANYONYMOUS

by Gair on October 18, 2013

NEW HAMPSHIRE LOTTERY OFFICIALS SAY THE WINNER OF THE $2.25 MILLION TRI-STATE MEGABUCKS DRAWING OCTOBER 2, 2013 HAS CHOSEN TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS AND TAKE A LUMP SUM PAYMENT.

LOTTERY EXEC. DIRECTOR CHARLIE McINTYRE AND SPOKESPERSON MAURA McCANN STOPPED LATE FRIDAY MORNING AT MDK DISCOUNT BEVERAGES PLUS CIGARETTES ON EASTMAN RD. IN NORTH CONWAY TO PRESENT STORE OWNERS MARK AND SUSAN KEENAN A CEREMONIAL OVERSIZE CHECK AND A REAL CHECK FOR $22,500 – FOR SELLING THE WINNING TICKET.

McCANN SAYS DISCOUNT BEVERAGES – WHERE THE LARGEST WINNER PREVIOUSLY SOLD WAS A QUARTER MILLION DOLLAR SCRATCH TICKET – NOW HAS THE AURA OF A WINNING STORE THAT CAN TYPICALLY RESULT IN MORE TICKET SALES.

THE CONWAY MEGABUCKS JACKPOT HAS BEEN CLAIMED BY TWO TRUSTS – THE ROCKY MOUNTAIN KING AND ROCKY MOUNTAIN QUEEN REVOCABLE TRUSTS – ADMINISTERED BY THE LAW FIRM OF COOPER, CARGILL, CHANT OF NORTH CONWAY. ATTORNEY KEN CARGILL WAS NOT IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE TO COMMENT ON THE WINNINGS, BUT HE HAS TOLD LOTTERY OFFICIALS EACH TRUST WILL GET NEARLY $459,000 AFTER TAXES.

MARK KEENAN – WHO HAS OWNED THE STORE FOR 2 DECADES – SAYS PLANS TO USE HIS PORTION OF THE WINNINGS TO TAKE CARE OF HIS WORKERS, GIVE SOMETHING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY AND PUT A NEW FLOOR IN HIS STORE.

Leave a Comment