CONWAY P.D. ISSUES WARRANTS FOR THEFT SUSPECTS

by Christian Mower on December 3, 2012

THE CONWAY POLICE DEPARTMENT SAYS WARRANTS HAVE BEEN ISSUED FOR THE ARRESTS OF TWO SUSPECTS WHO ALLEGEDLY STOLE SEVERAL PIECES OF METAL FROM THE QUARRY IN REDSTONE.

DET. SGT. CHRIS MATTEI SAYS THE SUSPECTS – IDENTIFIED AS 20-YEAR-OLD ADAM QUINNEY OF CONCORD STATE ST. IN WEARE – AND 27-YEAR-OLD ALLEN DOWNS OF NEW RYE RD. IN ALLENSTOWN – ALLEGEDLY SOLD THE STOLEN ITEMS TO A SCRAP METAL DEALER IN TAMWORTH.

MATTEI SAYS QUINNEY AND DOWNS ARE SUSPECTS IN A SIMILAR CASE OF METAL THEFT IN MOULTONBOROUGH – AND ALLEGEDLY TRIED TO SELL SOME OF THE ITEMS STOLEN IN THAT TOWN TO THE SAME SCRAP METAL DEALER IN TAMWORTH.

THE CONWAY POLICE LOG INDICATES QUINNEY TURNED HIMSELF IN TO CONWAY POLICE FRIDAY MORNING AND WAS CHARGED WITH THEFT BY UNAUTHORIZED TAKING OR TRANSFER.

MATTEI THANKS THE MOULTONBOROUGH DEPARTMENT FOR ITS ASSISTANCE IN THE CASE.

MOULTONBOROUGH POLICE SGT. PETER BEEDE, JR.SAYS QUINNEY AND DOWNS FACE SEVERAL FELONY CHARGES AFTER HIS OFFICERS ALLEGEDLY CAUGHT THEM LAST MONTH TRYING TO STEAL AN ITEM FROM A RESIDENCE IN MOULTONBOROUGH.

23-YEAR-OLD DANIEL R. CHESLEY OF CONWAY IS ALSO CHARGED IN THE MOULTONBOROUGH CASE. CHESLEY HAD CHARGES DROPPED AGAINST HIM IN 2010 IN CONNECTION WITH HIM ALLEGEDLY DRIVING A CAR IN NORTH CONWAY THAT CRASHED, KILLING ONE PASSENGER AND SERIOUSLY INJURING ANOTHER.

Leave a Comment