CONWAY P.O. SMOKE CAUSED BY FAULTY MOTOR

by Christian Mower on April 25, 2012

THE CHIEF OF THE CONWAY FIRE DEPARTMENT SAYS A FAULTY MOTOR IN A HEATING AND COOLING UNIT CAUSED SMOKE TO FILL THE CONWAY POST OFFICE WEDNESDAY MORNING.

STEVE SOLOMON SAYS HIS FIREFIGHTERS RESPONDED TO THE POST OFFICE JUST DOWN THE STREET AROUND 7:45 A.M. AND A FIRST ALARM WAS DECLARED, BRINGING ASSISTANCE FROM DEPARTMENTS IN NORTH CONWAY AND CENTER CONWAY.

SOLOMON SAYS FIREFIGHTERS WERE FIRST ALERTED TO THE PROBLEM AFTER AN ALARM SOUNDED AND THEN A WORKER FROM THE POST OFFICE CALLED REPORTING AN ODOR IN THE BUILDING.

IT TOOK FIREFIGHTERS ABOUT 15 MINUTES TO FIND THE FAULTY UNIT.

NO ONE WAS HURT AND THE BUILDING WAS VENTILATED. FIREFIGHTERS CLEARED THE SCENE AROUND 8:30 A.M.