CONWAY ROBBERY SUSPECT IN COURT, BAIL REDUCED

by Christian Mower on November 23, 2011

CONWAY POLICE SAY AN ARMED ROBBERY SUSPECT IS BACK IN JAIL AFTER APPEARING IN A CONWAY COURT TUESDAY AFTERNOON.

LT. CHRIS PERLEY SAYS 32-YEAR-OLD MICHAEL J. REHMERT OF FRYEBURG WAIVED HIS RIGHT TO A PROBABLE CAUSE HEARING AND A DISTRICT COURT JUDGE REDUCED HIS BAIL TO $50,000 CASH – HALF OF WHAT IT WAS PREVIOUSLY – BEFORE ORDERING REHMERT BACK TO JAIL.

A CONVICTED SEX OFFENDER, REHMERT IS CHARGED WITH FELONY ARMED ROBBERY AND KIDNAPPING IN CONNECTION WITH THE  NIGHT TIME HEIST EARLY THIS MONTH OF A DRIVER TRYING TO MAKE A DEPOSIT AT THE T.D. BANK BRANCH IN NORTH CONWAY.

IN THE INCIDENT, POLICE BELIEVE REHMERT SLID ACROSS THE DRIVER’S CAR HOOD SHORTLY AFTER 9:15 P.M. BEFORE STEALING THE DRIVER’S MONEY, CELL PHONE AND CAR KEYS.

PERLEY SAYS THE OTHER SUSPECT IN THE CASE, 21-YEAR-OLD JOSHUA RIFF OF CONWAY, IS DUE TO APPEAR IN COURT TUESDAY.

RIFF – WHO IS ALREADY ON PROBATION AND IS ALSO BEING HELD ON $50,000 CASH BAIL – IS CHARGED WITH CONSPIRACY AND BEING AN ACCOMPLICE IN THE ROBBERY. POLICE ALLEGE HE SHARED IN THE PROFITS FROM THE HOLD UP AND WAITED FOR REHMERT IN A NEARBY GETAWAY CAR.