EFFINGHAM FUGITIVE SURRENDERS

by Christian Mower on March 26, 2013

THE U.S. MARSHAL’S SERVICE SAYS A 50-YEAR-OLD MAN FROM EFFINGHAM SURRENDERED EARLY MONDAY AFTERNOON AT THE NEW HAMPSHIRE STATE PRISON IN CONCORD.

NEW HAMPSHIRE DIST. DEPUTY U.S. MARSHAL JEFFREY WHITE SAYS RICHARD “RICKY” DAVIS TURNED HIMSELF IN SHORTLY AFTER NOON AFTER BEING FEATURED AS THE MARSHAL SERVICE’S “FUGITIVE OF THE WEEK.”

THE NEW HAMPSHIRE DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS AND MAINE STATE POLICE HAD ASKED THE MARSHALS/NEW HAMPSHIRE JOINT FUGITIVE TASK FORCE FOR HELP IN FINDING AND ARRESTING DAVIS, WHO WAS WANTED ON SEVERAL CHARGES, INCLUDING A PAROLE VIOLATION RELATED TO PRIOR BURGLARY CONVICTIONS – A NEW BURGLARY CHARGE – AND SEVERAL ADDITIONAL PENDING CHARGES.

DAVIS HAD BEEN FEATURED IN THE WEEKLY “FUGITIVE OF THE WEEK” PROGRAM BROADCAST AND PUBLISHED IN VARIOUS MEDIA OUTLETS AROUND NEW HAMPSHIRE. FOR ADDITIONAL COVERAGE IN AREAS HE WAS KNOWN TO FREQUENT, DAVIS WAS ALSO FEATURED IN THE CONWAY DAILY SUN.

WHITE SAYS NEARLY 5,400 ARRESTS HAVE BEEN MADE SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE STATE’S JOINT FUGITIVE TASK FORCE IN 2002.

Leave a Comment