FUND SET UP FOR DISPLACED CONWAY FAMILY

by Gair on January 9, 2013

THE CHIEF OF THE CONWAY FIRE DEPARTMENT SAYS MONDAY NIGHT’S HOUSE FIRE ON OLYMPIC LANE IN CONWAY WAS CAUSED BY AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

STEVE SOLOMON SAYS THE HOME IS A TOTAL LOSS AND UNINHABITABLE. FIVE MEMBERS OF THE SCHIAVONE FAMILY – THE PARENTS AND TWO 7-YEAR-OLD GIRLS AND A 5-YEAR-OLD BOY – WERE ABLE TO ESCAPE WITHOUT INJURY AND SAVE A FEW OF THEIR PET CATS – SEVERAL CATS COULD NOT BE SAVED.

SOLOMON SAYS FIREFIGHTERS WERE ABLE TO CARRY SOME CLOTHING AND FURNITURE OUT OF THE BURNING HOUSE BUT THE FAMILY DID NOT HAVE INSURANCE.

FAMILY MEMBERS ARE BEING PROVIDED TEMPORARY SHELTER BY THE RED CROSS AND RELATIVES.

ANNIE PERLEY – A CLOSE FRIEND OF THE SCHIAVONE FAMILY WHO GREW UP IN CONWAY – IS SETTING UP DROP OFF POINTS FOR DONATIONS OF CLOTHES AND TOYS IN MANCHESTER AND PORTLAND, MAINE – AND HOPES TO ESTABLISH A SITE IN CONWAY.

SHE HAS ALSO ESTABLISHED AN ONLINE SUPPORT SITE WHERE NEARLY $1,000 HAS BEEN DONATED.

A FACEBOOK PAGE HAS ALSO BEEN SET UP TO HELP THE FAMILY.

TO MAKE A SECURE ONLINE DONATION, SEE THE WEBSITE AT www.gofundme.com AND SEARCH FOR THE WORDS “SCHIAVONE FAMILY FIRE FUND.”

ANY PERSON OR BUSINESS WHO WOULD LIKE TO HELP CAN ALSO CALL PERLEY AT (207) 329-3634.

Leave a Comment