GIRL TAKEN TO HOSPITAL AFTER FIRE

by Gair on January 21, 2014

The fire chief in Madison says a teenage girl was taken to Memorial Hospital in North Conway early Monday afternoon as a precaution after a house fire in Madison.

Jeff Eldridge says the girl suffered what’s believed to be smoke inhalation after a fire started in the wood frame house on Island Rd. where she had apparently been cooking.

A first alarm was declared shortly after noon and Conway firefighters arrived first at the scene with Chief Steve Solomon initially taking command.

The fire was reported knocked down in less than half an hour and the girl was taken by North Conway Ambulance to the hospital. No one else was reported hurt.

Power was cut to a portion of the home and Eldridge says the kitchen is gutted but the home can be repaired.

The Red Cross was contacted to assist but Eldridge says the residents of the burned home had relatives who lived nearby that would probably put them up.

In addition to firefighters from Madison and Conway, fire departments from Freedom, Tamworth and Ossipee also responded.

Leave a Comment