MASS. MAN SENTENCED IN SEX ASSAULT

by Christian Mower on December 23, 2013

THE CARROLL COUNTY ATTORNEY SAYS A 49-YEAR-OLD MASSACHUSETTS MAN HAS BEEN ORDERED TO SERVE JUST MORE THAN THREE YEARS IN THE NEW HAMPSHIRE STATE PRISON AFTER BEING FOUND GUILTY OF SEXUALLY ASSAULTING A BOY ON A CAMPING TRIP IN CONWAY IN 1990.

ROBIN GORDON SAYS SCOTT SENSABAUGH OF TAUNTON WAS SENTENCED ON A SINGLE FELONY CHARGE AND TWO MISDEMEANORS MONDAY AFTERNOON IN SUPERIOR COURT IN OSSIPEE.

SENSABAUGH HAD BEEN HELD AT THE CARROLL COUNTY JAIL IN OSSIPEE SINCE BEING FOUND GUILTY BY A 12 PERSON JURY IN JULY, 2013.

AT THE TIME, GORDON PRAISED HER LEAD PROSECUTOR IN THE CASE, DEPUTY ASST. COUNTY ATTORNEY SUSAN BOONE.

SENSABAUGH, WHO WAS 26-YEARS-OLD IN 1990 – WAS ACCUSED OF ASSAULTING THE BOY – A FAMILY FRIEND – FIRST IN A CAMPGROUND TENT OFF THE KANCAMAGUS HIGHWAY AND THEN DURING A SECOND NIGHT IN A NORTH CONWAY HOTEL.

GORDON SAYS SHE’S SATISFIED WITH THE SENTENCE – AND THE VICTIM, WHO MADE THE ALLEGATIONS AGAINST SENSABAUGH IN EARLY 2012 – IS PLEASED WITH THE WAY CONWAY POLICE HANDLED THE CASE.

IN ADDITION TO SERVING HIS TERM, SENSABAUGH WILL HAVE TO REGISTER AS A SEX OFFENDER FOR LIFE AND UNDERGO A SEX OFFENDER TREATMENT PROGRAM.