N. CONWAY MAN ON TRIAL FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER

by Christian Mower on February 3, 2012

OPENING ARGUMENTS BEGAN FRIDAY (FEB 3, 2012) IN SUPERIOR COURT IN OSSIPEE IN THE TRIAL OF A NORTH CONWAY MAN ACCUSED OF TRYING TO KILL HIS DOMESTIC PARTNER.

WILLIAM RAMSEY OF WEST SIDE ROAD IS CHARGED WITH FOUR FELONIES – ATTEMPTED MURDER, KIDNAPPING, SECOND DEGREE ASSAULT AND RECKLESS CONDUCT IN CONNECTION WITH AN INCIDENT IN DECEMBER, 2010 WHERE HE ALLEGEDLY CONFINED HIS 32-YEAR-OLD PARTNER AGAINST HER WILL AND REPEATEDLY ASSAULTED HER, INCLUDING FORCING A CURLING IRON DOWN HER THROAT.

AT THE TIME CONWAY POLICE LT. CHRIS PERLEY SAID THE WOMAN’S INJURIES WERE SO SEVERE HOSPITAL WORKERS DETERMINED HER VOCAL CORDS HAD BEEN DAMAGED.

RAMSEY WAS 39 AT THE TIME. HE WAS ARRESTED SHORTLY BEFORE CHRISTMAS IN 2010 AFTER ALLEGEDLY SENDING A THREATENING TEXT MESSAGE TO HIS PARTNER.

THE TRIAL WAS SUPPOSED TO START IN 2011 BUT WAS DELAYED BECAUSE THE DEFENSE SAID IT HADN’T BEEN ABLE TO REACH AN OUT-OF STATE WITNESS.

RAMSEY FACES AN ADDITIONAL MISDEMEANOR CHARGE OF CRIMINAL THREATENING.