NO CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTED BY CONWAY FIREFIGHTERS

by Christian Mower on March 20, 2012

THE CONWAY FIRE CHIEF SAYS THERE WERE NO DETECTABLE LEVELS OF CARBON MONOXIDE GAS IN A ROOMING HOUSE ON WEST MAIN STREET OR IN A CHURCH IN CONWAY THAT WERE CHECKED LATE SUNDAY NIGHT.

STEVE SOLOMON SAYS CONWAY FIRE AND RESCUE RESPONDED SHORTLY BEFORE 10 P.M. TO THE ROOMING HOUSE AFTER A REPORT A 42-YEAR-OLD MAN WAS HAVING A SEIZURE.

THE MAN WAS TAKEN TO MEMORIAL HOSPITAL IN NORTH CONWAY.

HOSPITAL OFFICIALS DETERMINED THE PATIENT HAD ELEVATED LEVELS OF THE POISONOUS GAS IN HIS BLOODSTREAM AND ASKED FIREFIGHTERS TO CHECK THE ROOMING HOUSE AND A CHURCH WHERE THE MAN HAD SPENT SOME TIME.

THE CHIEF SAYS FOUR OTHER PEOPLE CHECKED OUT AT THE ROOMING HOUSE HAD NO SIGNIFICANT LEVELS OF CARBON MONOXIDE IN THEIR SYSTEMS.

THE CHURCH WAS ALSO OK.

THE CAUSE OF THE PATIENT’S CONDITION REMAINS UNDETERMINED.