NO INJURIES AFTER BOILER MALFUNCTION AT N. CONWAY CARE FACILITY

by Christian Mower on April 29, 2012

THE NORTH CONWAY FIRE CHIEF SAYS NO ONE WAS HURT SUNDAY MORNING (APRIL 29) WHEN A BOILER AT MINERAL SPRINGS CARE AND REHABILITATION CENTER MALFUNCTIONED, CAUSING HEAVY BLACK SMOKE.

PAT PREECE SAYS HIS FIREFIGHTERS AND NORTH CONWAY AMBULANCE RESPONDED TO THE CARE CENTER SHORTLY BEFORE 7:15 A.M.

PREECE CREDITS THE STAFF AT THE CARE FACILITY WITH QUICKLY EVACUATING PATIENTS OUT OF THE AFFECTED WING. THE BOILER WAS SHUT OFF, THE SMOKE WAS CLEARED – AND A TECHNICIAN WAS CALLED TO FIX THE BOILER.

PREECE SAYS THERE WAS NO ACTUAL FIRE.

FIREFIGHTERS ALSO CHECKED THE BUILDING WITH GAS METERS TO ENSURE THERE WAS NO CARBON MONOXIDE GAS.

FIREFIGHTERS CLEARED THE SCENE AROUND 9:30 A.M.