NO INJURIES AFTER PROPANE LEAK IN WOLFEBORO

by Christian Mower on July 13, 2012

A FIRE CHIEF IN WOLFEBORO SAYS NO ONE WAS HURT THURSDAY AFTERNOON BUT NORTH MAIN STREET WAS CLOSED FOR TIME AFTER A PROPANE LEAK IN WOLFEBORO.

DEP. CHIEF TOM ZOTTI COMMENDS THE STAFF OF THE INN ON MAIN AT 200 NORTH MAIN ST. FOR IMMEDIATELY CALLING 911 AND EVACUATING THE INN AROUND 3 P.M. AFTER LEARNING OF A PROPANE GAS LEAK.

ZOTTI SAYS ARRIVING CREWS DISCOVERED ONE OF TWO 500-GALLON PROPANE TANKS BEHIND THE INN WAS LEAKING AND THEY SPRAYED WATER ON IT TO COOL IT WHILE PROPANE COMPANY TECHNICIANS TRIED TO FIX THE PROBLEM.

THE LEAK WAS STOPPED SHORTLY BEFORE 4:30 P.M. AND THE INN REOPENED ABOUT A HALF HOUR LATER.

ZOTTI SAYS THE PROBLEM APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN CAUSED BY A FAULTY RELIEF VALVE ON THE TANK.

WOLFEBORO POLICE, TUFTONBORO FIRE RESCUE AND STEWARTS AMBULANCE ASSISTED.