No injuries in Bartlett fire

by Christian Mower on April 24, 2014

The fire chief in Bartlett says no one was hurt Thursday morning at a house fire on Route 16 in Glen.

Pat Roberts says firefighters from his department and Jackson – and Bartlett Jackson Ambulance, responded to the single family wood home across from StoryLand shortly after 6:15 a.m.

Roberts says prior to his arrival a passerby noticed something looked odd and he stopped at the house and checked to see if anyone was inside. A woman who lives in the house was able to get out safely.

Roberts says the fire appears to have been caused by a hot ember that escaped from the chimney, fell on some leaves outside and started burning a rear corner of the house.

There was no fire inside the home and it is still habitable.

The chief says the passerby who stopped used a fire extinguisher to knock the fire initially. It was reported to be under control a few minutes after firefighters got to the scene.

North Conway firefighters were also called to cover the Glen station house.

The chief says fire permits are not being issued or honored in Bartlett Thursday because of the dry and windy conditions.

Leave a Comment