NO INJURIES IN OSSIPEE CHIMNEY FIRE

by Christian Mower on March 21, 2013

THE CENTER OSSIPEE FIRE CHIEF SAYS NO ONE WAS HURT IN A CHIMNEY FIRE WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AT A HOME ON BROAD BAY RD.

MIKE BROWNELL SAYS HIS FIREFIGHTERS AND OSSIPEE VALLEY EMS RESPONDED TO THE DUPLEX AT 40 BROAD BAY RD. AROUND 1 P.M.

ON ARRIVAL FIREFIGHTERS FOUND SMOKE COMING FROM THE ROOF LINE – THE HEAT WAS ACTUALLY MELTING THE TAR ON THE SHINGLES – A SITUATION THE CHIEF SAYS COULD HAVE STARTED A FIRE IN THE ENTIRE HOUSE.

THE CHIEF CALLED FOR FIREFIGHTERS FROM FREEDOM TO ASSIST.

BROWNELL SAYS THERE WAS A LARGE PLUG OF CREOSOTE IN THE CHIMNEY.

AFTER KNOCKING THE FIRE DOWN FIREFIGHTERS MADE SURE THE TEMPERATURE IN THE CHIMNEY HAD COOLED DOWN ENOUGH BEFORE TURNING THE HOUSE BACK OVER TO THE HOMEOWNER.

Leave a Comment