NO INJURIES IN PROPANE INCIDENTS

by Christian Mower on January 3, 2014

THE FIRE CHIEF IN NORTH CONWAY SAYS NO ONE WAS HURT LATE THURSDAY NIGHT DURING AN INCIDENT INVOLVING LEAKING PROPANE GAS AT A LARGE RETAIL STORE IN NORTH CONWAY.

PAT PREECE SAYS HIS FIREFIGHTERS AND NORTH CONWAY AMBULANCE RESPONDED TO THE HOME DEPOT STORE AT 53 BARNES RD. JUST AFTER 11:45 P.M.

PREECE SAYS THE STORE WAS CLOSED AT THE TIME.

FIREFIGHTERS WERE ABLE TO STOP THE LEAK BY SHUTTING OFF A CUTOFF VALVE OUTSIDE THE STORE AND GAS COMPANY TECHNICIANS WERE CALLED TO MAKE PERMANENT REPAIRS. PREECE SAYS TESTS DETERMINED THE LEAK DID NOT POSE A HAZARD TO NEARBY AREAS.

FIREFIGHTERS WERE AT THE SCENE UNTIL ABOUT 1:30 A.M. FRIDAY.

THE CONWAY POLICE LOG INDICATES A CENTER THAT SPECIALIZES IN EARLY INTERVENTION AND CHILDCARE IN CONWAY WAS EVACUATED LATE THURSDAY AFTERNOON AFTER A CALLER REPORTED THE SMELL OF PROPANE GAS INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OF THE BUILDING AT 182 WEST MAIN ST.

CONWAY FIREFIGHTERS AND CONWAY AMBULANCE RESPONDED TO CHILDREN UNLIMITED JUST BEFORE 5:45 P.M. AND CONFIRMED THERE WAS A GAS LEAK.

NO INJURIES WERE REPORTED AND FIREFIGHTERS STOPPED THE LEAK AND CONTINUED TO MONITOR THE AREA.

A GAS COMPANY WAS CALLED TO TEST THE SYSTEM AND RESTART IT. FIREFIGHTERS WERE AT THE SCENE FOR ABOUT AN HOUR.

Leave a Comment