A Massachusetts Teen who was lost for several hours while Skiing on Attitash Mountain is safe. Yesterday morning around 10 am while out skiing with his family 17-year-old Jared DiNatale of Rowley, Massachusetts, ventured off of the Far Out trail and got lost. At around 2:30 he was able to send a text to his family before losing cell service telling them he was lost. His parents then immediately notified the Attitatsh Ski patrol who searched for the teen with no success. The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department, the Mountain Rescue Service and members of the Air Force Pararescue service responded then joined the search for him. DiNatale was found around 9:30 yesterday evening about ¾ of a mile uphill from the trail in the Stoney Brook drainage between Attitash Mountain and Bear Peak. Though he was suffering long-term exposure to the cold he was uninjured and reunited with family. President of Wildcat and Attitash Mountain Resort said “In cooperation with the New Hampshire Fish & Game, U.S. Forest Service, and Mountain Rescue Service, I can say that the Attitash Ski Patrol, Mountain Operations, and others here at Attitash provided every resource possible in the search and rescue effort and all of us are very happy that this young man was found safe and sound.” The NH Fish and Game wanted to remind people participating in outdoor activates to dress appropriately, carry necessary equipment, and remain consistent to a plan.
A Coos County judge said the trial of Nathaniel Kibby is on track to begin early next year. Yesterday was the Dispositional Conference for the Coos County part of the indictments being held against alleged kidnapper Nathaniel Kibby. During the hearing yesterday afternoon in Lancaster, which Kibby waived his right to appear in, the judge said the trial is on track to begin in n January 2016, with jury selection likely in the early part of the month. Kibby face 200 indictments in Coos County and another 5 in Carroll County. At the hearing, state prosecutors continued their argument to have just one trial be held under one judge, as Kibby faces charges in two separate counties. Defense lawyers countered saying they cannot agree to that until they have all of the discovery from the state in order to properly represent their client. They also said they would need about a month the review it once it was given to them. The Carroll County Dispositional Conference and status hearing will be March 4th at 10 am at the Carroll County Superior Court in Ossipee.
WMWV “Song of the Year” Final Four Announced!
As announced on-air on Tuesday, February 17, the four finalists for the 2015 WMWV Song Of the Year Contest are:
Gravel Project - “Dollar Bill” (Conway, NH)
Duke - “Parking Lot” (Berlin, NH)
Dante Club – “Anything You Want” (Conway, NH)
Solo Saloon - “In Out Soul…” (Freedom, NH)
Congratulations to the four finalists…and don’t forget to check out wmwv.com in the coming days, where you can cast your vote for your favorite! The song with the most votes wins $1,000 cash, a chance to perform their song “live” on WMWV, and have their song added to our playlist for the rest of 2015!
Last year, Gorham, New Hampshire’s Epic Season won the 2014 title with their entry “Found”.
Special thanks goes out to Blue Moon Brewing Company and Amoskeag Beverages, who are proud supporters of local music!
A Superior Court Judge has denied the States request to consolidate the upcoming hearing in the case against alleged kidnapper Nathaniel Kibby. In January the State requested that the trials be consolidated to one trial under one judge citing that the offenses were all against one victim and stem from one continuous act of kidnapping, as the reasoning. Yesterday Judge Peter Bornstein signed an order refusing the states request. The judges ruling means that Kibby will face dispositional hearings in two counties one on Feb. 19 in Coos County Superior Court and the other on March 6 in Carroll County Superior Court. Kibby face 5 charges in Carroll County and 200 in Coos County.