PETELIS SENTENCED IN DITTMEYER CASE

by Gair on February 28, 2013

THE NEW HAMPSHIRE ATTORNEY GENERAL’S OFFICE SAYS A 30-YEAR-OLD OSSIPEE MAN PLED GUILTY TO BEING AN ACCOMPLICE TO SECOND DEGREE MURDER AND HAS BEEN SENTENCED TO A TERM OF 35 YEARS TO LIFE AT THE STATE PRISON.

ASSOC. ATTORNEY GENERAL JANE YOUNG – THE LEAD PROSECUTOR IN THE CASE – SAYS MICHAEL PETELIS ENTERED HIS PLEA IN SUPERIOR COURT IN OSSIPEE WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON IN CONNECTION WITH THE APRIL, 2011 KIDNAPPING AND MURDER OF 20-YEAR-OLD KRISTA DITTMEYER – A SINGLE MOTHER FROM BRIDGTON, MAINE.

PETELIS IS THE THIRD AND FINAL SUSPET TO PLEAD GUILTY IN THE CASE, WHERE DITTMEYER WAS ULTIMATELY BOUND AND DUMPED INTO A POND IN NORTH CONWAY. PROSECUTORS HAVE PREVIOUSLY REFERRED TO THE CASE AS A DRUG DEAL GONE WRONG.

29-YEAR-OLD ANTHONY PAPILE OF OSSIPEE WAS SENTENCED TO 50 YEARS IN PRISON IN 2012 AFTER HE ADMITTED COMMITTING THE MURDER – AND 24-YEAR-OLD TREVOR FERGUSON OF TAMWORTH IS SERVING A NEARLY SIX-YEAR SENTENCE AFTER HE PLED GUILTY IN 2012 TO CONSIPRACY TO COMMIT ROBBERY AND HINDERING APPREHENSION OR PROSECUTION. FERGUSON ADMITTED PICKING UP PAPILE AND DRIVING HIM HOME AFTER PAPILE DUMPED DITTMEYER’S BODY.

CONWAY POLICE LT. CHRIS PERLEY WAS ONE OF THE FIRST INVESTIGATORS INVOLVED IN THE CASE AND WAS IN THE COURTROOM WEDNESDAY IN OSSIPEE.

PERLEY SAYS DITTMEYER’S MOTHER SPOKE EMOTIONALLY ABOUT HER LOSS AND THE BETRAYAL OF HER DAUGHTER WHILE PETELIS DIDN’T SAY ANYTHING. PETELIS WILL HAVE TO SERVE MORE THAN 27 YEARS IN PRISON BEFORE HE IS CONSIDERED FOR PAROLE.

DITTMEYER ATTENDED LAKE REGION HIGH SCHOOL IN NAPLES, MAINE. HER BABY DAUGHTER WAS NOT HARMED IN THE CASE THAT DREW NATIONAL MEDIA COVERAGE.

Leave a Comment