PRIME ROBBERY SUSPECTS IN CONWAY ROBBERY IN CUSTODY

by Christian Mower on January 25, 2012

CONWAY POLICE SAY TUESDAY NIGHT’S LATE NIGHT ARREST OF ANOTHER SUSPECT IN CONNECTION WITH LAST WEEK’S ALLEGED ARMED ROBBERY IN CONWAY MEANS ALL THE PRIME SUSPECTS IN THE CASE ARE IN CUSTODY.

LT. CHRIS PERLEY SAYS 36-YEAR-OLD DENEST DAVID BANNER WAS TAKEN INTO CUSTODY AROUND 11:30 P.M. TUESDAY AFTER POLICE EXECUTED A SEARCH WARRANT FOR HIM AT A MAPLE STREET HOME IN FRYEBURG, MAINE. CONWAY POLICE CONDUCTED THE OPERATION WITH FRYEBURG POLICE AND MAINE STATE POLICE, INCLUDING K-9 UNITS.

DETECTIVE SGT. AL BROYER SAYS 42-YEAR-OLD IVAN FELDER OF CENTER CONWAY TURNED HIMSELF IN TUESDAY AFTERNOON AND IS BEING HELD ON AN ARREST WARRANT CHARGING HIM WITH TWO COUNTS OF ARMED ROBBERY.

POLICE ALLEGE FELDER AND BANNER WERE INVOLVED IN THE ROBBERY AT DAVIS PARK THURSDAY EVENING (JANUARY 19, 2012) WHERE ONE OF THE SUSPECTS REPORTEDLY USED A KNIFE.

21-YEAR-OLD HOLLIE-ANNE WEST OF ALBANY TOLD POLICE THURSDAY SHE AND HER 24-YEAR-OLD BOYFRIEND, PHILLIP SWANSON OF CONWAY, HAD BEEN ASSAULTED AND ROBBED BY ARMED OFFENDERS WHILE PARKED AT THE PARK.

SWANSON SUFFERED CUTS TO HIS FACE IN THE INCIDENT AND HE AND WEST WERE CHECKED OUT AT MEMORIAL HOSPITAL IN NORTH CONWAY BEFORE POLICE ARRESTED BOTH OF THEM ON CHARGES THAT WEREN’T RELATED TO THE ROBBERY.

POLICE ARRESTED ANOTHER SUSPECT IN THE CASE FRIDAY. 31-YEAR-OLD SAMANTHA BURNS OF BARTLETT IS CHARGED WITH TWO COUNTS OF CRIMINAL LIABILITY FOR THE CONDUCT OF ANOTHER. POLICE ALLEGE SHE DROVE THE CAR THE SUSPECTS USED TO ESCAPE FROM THE PARK.

BURNS HAS ALREADY APPEARED IN COURT AND IS BEING HELD ON BAIL.

BANNER IS BEING HELD IN MAINE PENDING HIS EXTRADITION TO NEW HAMPSHIRE. FELDER IS DUE TO BE ARRAIGNED WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON IN DISTRICT COURT IN CONWAY.