Be sure to tune in tomorrow on WMWV because Roy Prescott will be broadcasting live from the top of New England. In honor of the Mount Washington Observatory’s largest fundraiser Seek The Peak, which takes place this Friday, Roy Prescott will be doing the Morning show live from the peak of Mount Washington. Also beginning this week is the Science in the Mountains Series at the Observatory.
Seek The Peak is a two day event that welcomes hikers of all ages and abilities to seek their peak and explore Mount Washington as well its neighboring peaks.
In addition to getting outside and exploring White Mountain trails, the weekend includes:
- Kick-Off Party and Registration at the Weather Discovery Center
- Observatory Weather Station tours on the summit of Mount Washington
- An Expo featuring premier sponsors Eastern Mountain Sports and Vasque along with several other vendors showcasing and giving away product samples
- The famous After Party including a massive gear giveaway, dinner and live entertainment
- All while supporting the non-profit Mount Washington Observatory with pledges which in turn will earn you prizes!
Registrants are asked to raise a minimum of $200 as part of their participation; in turn they are awarded with fabulous prizes and more! Be one of the first 500 to raise $200 and earn a Seek the Peak Eastern Mountain Sports backpack and exclusive Techwick Seek the Peak T-shirt.
Since Seek the Peak was established in 2001, this great event has raised over $1.6 million for the nonprofit Observatory, helping it maintain its famous weather station on the summit of Mount Washington and continue its important work collecting weather data, performing research, and educating the public about the science of climate and weather.