WOMAN IN KEARSARGE TAKEN TO HOSPITAL AFTER FEELING ILL

by Christian Mower on January 6, 2012

NORTH CONWAY FIRE CHIEF PAT PREECE SAYS A WOMAN WAS TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL AND CHECKED OUT EARLY THURSDAY AFTERNOON AFTER SHE REPORTED FEELING ILL.

PREECE’S DEPARTMENT AND NORTH CONWAY AMBULANCE RESPONDED TO A CONDO UNIT IN THE VILLAGE OF KEARSARGE AROUND NOON AFTER GETTING A CALL A COUPLE THERE SMELLED THE ADDITIVE IN PROPANE GAS.

THE CHIEF SAYS THE COUPLE WILL BE INSTALLING CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTORS IN THE CONDO, WHICH ARE REQUIRED BY LAW IN MULTI-FAMILY HOMES.

PREECE SAYS HIS DEPARTMENT HAS BEEN RESPONDING TO MORE OF THESE TYPES OF CALLS SINCE THE WEATHER TURNED COLDER AND HEATER UNITS ARE WORKING HARDER.

HE RECOMMENDS SERVICING YOUR HEATERS AND CHECKING YOUR DETECTORS TO ENSURE THEY ARE STILL WORKING – AND THEY’RE WITHIN THE DATE CODE THAT’S STAMPED ON THE BACK.