On July 30, 2020 at 5:36pm, Conway Fire received a call on the business line at the fire station reporting a house fire at 384 West Side Rd. Conway Fire responded immediately and found a fire in a second floor bedroom. The fire was quickly knocked down confining flame damage to that room only. There is smoke and heat damage to the second floor. The house will be unlivable for some time as it gets repaired.
Mutual aid was received from Center Conway Fire while Madison Fire provided an Engine to cover the Conway station.
The cause of the fire was failure of a lithium battery that was being charged in the bedroom.
The house was occupied by one of the Conway Fire’s Deputy Chiefs and his family. They have been displaced by the fire and will be seeking housing at least until repairs can be made.
Source: Conway Fire Press Release