6 Injured After Exposure To Deadly Amounts Of Carbon Monoxide

by Christian Mower on April 2, 2018

Fire Fighters go into a home where several people were found suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning ~ Photo courtesy of Campton-Thornton Fire Rescue

THORNTON, NH – Six people are recovering after a serious carbon monoxide incident in Thornton. According to the Campton Thornton Fire Rescue 3 children and 3 adults were taken to the hospital yesterday morning after the incident on Tree Line Drive.

Authorities said that at around 5 a.m. a resident awoke to the sound of the CO alarm, but was quickly overcome by the gas luckily several people were able to quickly call 911.

A state trooper was the first on scene and found two victims right by the front door. The trooper acted quickly opening all the doors and windows to ventilate the home which had deadly levels of carbon monoxide.

Officials said this incident could have had a much different outcome, but thanks to the detectors and the teamwork of first responders, all of the victims are expected to survive.

Local authorities are working with the State Fire Marshal’s Office to determine the source of the carbon monoxide.

Firefighters urge all residents to make sure they have working carbon monoxide detectors in their homes.