Contact

Business: (603) 356-8870
Fax: (603) 356-8875
Studio: (603) 356-9930

Mount Washington Radio Staff Directory:

{ 123 comments… read them below or add one }

Eric February 24, 2012 at 12:03 am

Is there any news on Bonesy? Has he been found?

Roy February 27, 2012 at 9:53 pm

HI Eric,
Thanks for asking. We had been getting updates of Bonesy sightings from Fryeburg Vet. Hosp. We did talk to his owner too. We tend to run Lost & Found items for a week at a time. I haven’t heard anything in over a week. I feel they would have called us if he was back home. that’s all we know right now.

Gabe Gunning February 21, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Heya,

Gotta love 93.5!. I live up in Franlin County, Maine now and am just a bit too far away to get it on the radio, but the live streaming is great. Do you have an iphone/ipad app so I can stream it with the computer?

Keep on keeping on –
Gabe
Farmington, Maine

Greg March 5, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Dear Gabe,
We are currently working on getting APS for Android and I-Phone. Our overall plan is to have them up and available by summer. So keep your eyes open. Thanks for listening.
Greg

Phil Swanson January 6, 2012 at 5:51 pm

Just heard Adam Ezra ‘s new song. Good job. I think you should get them into your rotation. They have played quite a few venues in the valley over the last few years and they ROCK!! Hope to hear more of them,. They are so WMWV!!!

Ciao, Phil , Hi Shannon!

Shannon January 25, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Hi Phil!!!!

Keep listening man. :)

John Grace December 26, 2011 at 10:35 pm

I have been listening online, and at the TuneIn app, and both have stopped working in the past few days. I am just south of your listening area in Rochester, and cannot get 93.5 unless I travel north. Please help…. John Grace Rochester NH

dave December 27, 2011 at 3:41 pm

The streaming audio does not work for me either..

Doug Clemons December 10, 2011 at 6:56 pm

To broadcast engineering staff: the Surfnet streaming service is pretty poor, drops, buffering seems to stall, etc. I’m on broadband connection and don’t have a problem with other streaming services, only Surfnet. I’ve stopped listening online because of this.
Doug Clemons

David Scherer October 23, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Thank you for the great music. I can’t get anything anywhere near your style on any radio station. I also love hearing about what’s happening in the Mt. Washington Valley area. I used to work at a summer camp in Maine and would go through North Conway on trips all the time. It is a great comfort to listen to you while I sit at my computer in the grey, cold, dreary, Seattle area. Thanks for brightening my day.

Geoff Ames September 25, 2011 at 3:34 am

Would you consider the Conway/N.Conway area and vicinity ready for a live music venue?? There would be a variety. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Joe Conway September 11, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Found you guys by accident on my way to a wedding in Jackson. The kids told me if I played my Donald Fagen cd again they would leave me in the woods. Brilliant ,brilliant,brilliant.Each selection was better than the last. Found myself going out to the truck to listen while I was at the wedding. All the way up and all the way back not a single miss. Poison Ivy sung in spanish, too cool. Dave Alvin “Gary Indiana” was as powerful as a six pack of Red Bull with a Monster chaser. My wife went to turn it down and the kids all screamed TURN THAT UP. I either have to move or get a giant antenna to pick you up. Outstanding. Keep up the good work (music). Conway family Tewksbury Ma.

Shannon Houde September 13, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Hey Joe,

We’re streaming live. Just check out the right hand side of our homepage and tune in anytime!

Cheers,
Shannon

Alan Sansoucie September 8, 2011 at 11:24 pm

Guys!

I’ve been wanting to give WMWV serious props for about two years now… Well, I finally had to do it after just hearing Mark Johnson play Telegraph Road just now. You gotta be kidding me… Telegraph Road?! Try getting any other radio station in the COUNTRY to play that song!

You guys and gals are doing a freakin’ awesome job of keeping me entertained with great and diverse music as I sit in my home office on Cape Cod.

Thank you for and being there for an otherwise frustrated radio listener!

Alan
Cape Cod

Allison Foran August 31, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Hi,
At about or around 4pm this afternoon (8/31) you played a song that I thought was sung by Phoebe Snow but I’m not sure. The song went : ‘this man was getting high (hot?), I had no way to make him stop, maybe I’ll make sure next time to mix some water with the wine.”

Can you please tell me the name of the song and who sings it. I love this song.

Thanks for all the great music!!

Allison

Dennis August 31, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Hi Allison,

That was Joan Armatrading – “Water With The Wine”

jason cicero August 29, 2011 at 1:21 am

Hey folks,
I heard a great Trombone Shorty song the other day. I had never heard him before but I loved it. Can you tell me which song it was or are you playing a few?

Shannon Houde October 18, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Hi Jason,

Sorry we missed your post for a while. I know we’re playing Do To Me- but the entire CD is off the hook! I’ve been listening to it non stop for a while now… I suggest you sample it online and see what you think.

Cheers!
Shannon

George August 16, 2011 at 1:00 am

Driving out of range of the station yesterday I heard a great Marcia Ball song but couldn’t get the name of it. Thanks for the great music when we’re up north.

Elijah w. Titus III August 12, 2011 at 3:04 am

Listened to you since the WBNC days. Do you ever play any Alvin Lee (10 years After)? I have a great suggestion or two if you are interested. Keep up the great work!!!

Roy August 15, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Ah…the good old Skip Sherman & crew days! They had a pretty special thing going on! I think we’re fortunate to be able to keep some of the old charm alive. I love Alvin Lee! We played music a few years ago from a CD, “Alvin Lee In Tennessee”. It was really fun. What are your suggestions??
Thanks for listening,
Roy

Peter August 1, 2011 at 5:29 pm

I heard a great version of “Riverboat” the other day on your station….I was wondering who the performer was. Thanks,
Peter

Mark July 20, 2011 at 5:51 pm

I heard a song around 4:30am July 20, 2010 which I liked very much, sounded like Joss Stone and Mick Jagger! What is the name of that song please? Is there a playlist online? Couldn’t find one! Also, I never did hear back, from a previous email, I sent months ago concerning what ever happened to Sunday Morning Jazz! I miss it very much!!!
Thank you!

Roy August 15, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Hi,
I believe the song you heard was “Miracle Worker” by the supergroup, Superheavy. It’s a super cool tune by a group inspired by Mick Jagger. Learn more here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SuperHeavy
Sorry not to get back to you re: the Sunday Jazz. Sometimes the comments get lost in the shuffle.
After Skip Sherman retired, we had a hard decision to make. Music Director Mark Johnson, is a wealth of knowledge regarding jazz, but needs weekends off. Karen Williams loves jazz and took over for a while. She’s a full time sales associate for the stations & also needed time off. We looked a a couple of syndicated shows that just didn’t have it. So, sadly Sunday went to the regular WMWV music format.
Thank you for your comments and for listening!

Jenny July 9, 2011 at 3:02 am

Please include a playlist on here! I heard a great song by Eddie Vedder around 8:15 today but cant remember the title to look it up for a student. Thanks!

Roy August 15, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Hi Jenny,
We can’t interface our music log software with our web site…yet. Call us or drop an e-mail to royp@wmwv.com or mark@wmwv.com. We keep music logs around for at least a month back.
Thanks for listening!!!

gary lindquist June 25, 2011 at 6:43 pm

Listening from San Francisco…Three hours in the past. I spend a lot of time in NH and have finally found a good radio station. Thank you very much. Looking forward to the results of the “Climb to the Clouds”.

Roy June 30, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Hi Gary,
Glad you found us & enjoy our programming! Weather was not so great for the Climb To The Clouds, but they did get 2 runs in Sunday. climbtotheclouds.com has complete results. How ’bout the Freightliner truck?
Take Care, Roy Prescott

Mark Eustace June 24, 2011 at 11:47 am

I thought you might like to know that I am listening to your show in the UK [Milton Keynes] on my iphone. It is nice to hear about what is happening across the pond via a real radio station. I caught your reference to the global reach of your channel just as I tuned in. Have a nice day…

Roy June 30, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Hi Mark!
Thank you for checking us out in the UK! Glad you found us.
All the best, Roy Prescott

michael j flynn June 19, 2011 at 3:03 am

NEW HAMPSHIRE IS THE BEST AND STREAMING WMWV IS NOW WORLD WIDE.THAT IS THE BEST NEWS EVER.FROM THE BITE MARTHAS VINEYARD A SMALL CLAMSHACK ON MARTHAS VINEYARD WERE VERY FAMOUS PEOPLE HEAR YOUR STATION EVERY DAY.

Roy June 20, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Thanks Michael!! Play It Loud! You’ve got a pretty cool station on the Island, so that’s a GREAT compliment!

Rich Leute June 5, 2011 at 12:30 am

You played a song I’m guseeing the titla was “ain’t gonna take that call” June 4 about 4PM
Can you advise what teh exact title is
you need to list your playlist

Jeff June 4, 2011 at 9:09 pm

What was the song played just before 5pm on June 4th? I believe the title was “Werewolves”? Thanks! You guys are great!

pat hodder June 4, 2011 at 1:47 am

What was that Prince-sounding band June 2 at 1:56?

peter gagne May 27, 2011 at 11:16 am

we luv u guys. “Music without boundaries” is awesome, but you should do “Rush hour, without the rush” morning and night for our commutes and play more Leon Redbone please!

E Titus March 26, 2011 at 3:07 am

You guys really get it going…
Hearing “Stuck inside of Memphis with the Memphis blues again” by Dylan
was awesome. Nobody else plays this kind of stuff!!!

Maria Hurley March 23, 2011 at 9:23 pm

WMWV is the best. Have listened since moving back to Maine 11 years ago. I am so impressed, just called the station to try and fine out the name of an artist that was played about 11:20am yesterday and got awesome service from Lucia. She ran down the list of artist and even played me a clip to be sure I had the right name. Thanks girlfriend you’re the best!

Maria Hurley
Waterford, Maine

Jennifer Zulick March 11, 2011 at 12:53 am

I was so excited to hear you play Fleet Foxes at work recently! Thanks!!!

david vergara January 24, 2011 at 2:44 am

Love your station and love the webcast!

a daily playlist on the website would be great so when I hear a new song and want to find out more about it I can just look it up on the playlist.

Thanks, David

Turner December 28, 2010 at 5:45 pm

What’s up with streaming on a Mac? Why unsupported? This isn’t 1980 anymore ;-)
I have downloaded flip4mac as your site suggests but without a url that works, I am up the creek without a paddle…
Lots of Mac users out here… help us enjoy your station!

Dennis December 28, 2010 at 8:14 pm
John Manouse December 22, 2010 at 2:08 am

Love the Northern Lights-Xmas Tree Banner Image at the top of the Web Page.
Credit to the Creator.!!!

Bill November 29, 2010 at 4:30 pm

Team,

Englewood, FL checking in. Sittin’ by the pool, listening to WMWV, doesn’t get much better than this! Keep on streamin!

Oh, and where’s the playlist??

Bill & Joyce, Hiram, ME

ron hooper October 18, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Hey Roy coming in clear from Sao Paulo, Brazil!

Will R October 9, 2010 at 2:31 pm

We love your streaming but is there any chance that you can fix the audio levels. The audio on the PSAs is much louder than your regular broadcast stream. It is so different that we constantly have to change volume levels whilemlistening?

Thanks and keep up the great work. We love the station.

- Andrea & Will

Roy October 10, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Thank you for checking us out online!! Still a work in progress, getting the bugs worked out. Glad you enjoy the music! We’re trying to be the coolest station in the world :)
Roy Prescott

Dan Timmerman October 4, 2010 at 4:05 pm

You guys are now steaming ! The best radio station I have ever found. Turn it on, leave it on. I always loved listening to you when on vacation in NH and now I can listen all the time. Thank you.

Dan Timmerman
Cincinnati, OH

brian September 20, 2010 at 2:57 pm

2 requests room to move & the hesitation blues- hot tuna

Richard Edmands September 7, 2010 at 1:14 am

I was so happy to hear you were streaming. Now I can enjoy your unique station at home in Rhode Island after vacation. Your audiance outside of the valley will grow because of this. Keep up the good work. A playlist would be nice.

Thanks
Richard

Debbie September 3, 2010 at 8:18 pm

So glad you guys are finally online. Now we can listen in Maryland and at the beach in Delaware! Happy Labor Day.

Roy September 4, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Play It Loud! And tell your friends.
Enjoy, Roy

Doug August 30, 2010 at 12:40 pm

Heading north on 16 you start seeing the mountains, then it’s time to look for 93.5 on the radio. Both experiences are magic and complement each othe well.

Jordan August 30, 2010 at 2:45 pm

Ditto

Roy August 24, 2010 at 11:07 pm

Hi,
We’re learning that streaming is a lot of work & co-ordination with the company we’re working with! Hang with us. We’re determined to get this flowing smoothly!
Thanks for the comment.
Roy

Mike Foote August 23, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Greetings,
Nice job on the new website. Where can I find a list of what is currently being played or links to information on the songs that you play during the course of the day? Do you have links to the Mount Washington Observatory or to your advertisers?

Cherie October 6, 2010 at 2:06 am

I too would like to find a play list of what you have instead of calling the station or just plain wondering….

Joe August 13, 2010 at 2:28 am

Truly music without boundaries now that you are on the net. Every summer we vacation in the MWV area and look forward to the eclectic mix on WMWV, FM the way it used to be. Please add a play list!!!

John Manouse August 14, 2010 at 5:18 am

I agree with Joe… Playlist???

Sean August 18, 2010 at 7:56 pm

I agree, too. I loved being able to look up songs I hear on the radio later on, because I don’t always catch them when I’m listening. Add a playlist soon! I want to compile songs from this summer, and since this is the only station I listen to, it would be a big help!

Tracy August 12, 2010 at 9:28 pm

I heard of a blues concert on your radio this Friday the 13th. Do you have the details?

Roy August 12, 2010 at 11:00 pm

Hi Tracy,
I think you’re wondering about Roxanne & the Voodoo Rockers at Theater In The Wood, in Intervale, this Friday (13). They are a southern NH based band & they should be a lot of fun!! http://www.believeinbooks.org for info. Tell them we sent you!
Thanks for listening, Roy

Victoria Peacock August 11, 2010 at 6:28 pm

i’d like to request a Joe Jackson song. Slow Song (with the saxophone) TY

John Manouse August 4, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Kudos to WMWV
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. WMWV streaming to my home in CT. Fantastic!!! I have been visiting the valley for 25 years & one thing that I miss when I leave is your radio station. We have nothing like this here in southern new england. Just listening lets me imagine the sights & sounds of the valley. Beautiful job on the website as well!!!
John Manouse
Bridgewater, CT

Andrew DiGiovanni July 31, 2010 at 3:28 pm

Hey folks at WMWV,
Kudos for a much needed relaunch of your long outdated website, and for the streaming! Still wish you covered more of NH on FM, of course. If I’m ever lucky enough to get to No. Conway on a weekday, I’ll stop in and say hello. (Been a long time since hanging out in Boulder, Mark!)
Andrew DiGiovanni
Former AAA radio guy (WKZE…identical station) turned physics teacher
Goffstown, NH

Margaret July 29, 2010 at 2:44 pm

Dear WMWV,

We were introduced during a recent stay in the Fryeburg, Maine area. For me, it was love at first listen which grew as the week went on. It was hard to part with you as my family & I drove south to Portland. You grew fuzzier and fuzzier and then *poof* you were gone. I was sad, yes even depressed the first week back home. I thought a visit to your website would brighten my mood. Imagine my delight to discover the live stream! Since then, you have been linked up to the tuner. Just wanted to let you know that I have officially broken up with “that other radio staion” here in Portland and am completely yours.

xxoo Margaret

PS please grow a really big tower so I can get you on the dial and can give the laptop back to my husband ;-)

Roy July 30, 2010 at 7:14 pm

Thank You, Thank You, Thank you!!!
Roy Prescott
Morning Guy & Blues Summit host.

Paul Mc Cormack July 25, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Hi just a short note to say I listen to your great radio station on line in Ireland and love your music ,we are regular visitors to the Valley and its great to keep up with current news.many thanks slan ( bye ).

Gabe Gunning July 3, 2010 at 1:05 pm

Music in the mountains where the way life should be. Amazing stuff for sure. Are y’all gonna put up a playlist of the songs that were played during Roy’s morning session or Mark afternoon session? That would complete the dream for me. By the way, getting to show my friends the wmwv website is way cool too.

PS: can you please bring back Stardate? I remember listening to that show from 5:30-5:35pm (ish) with my family every weekday before supper while growing up in Lovell. Yup, I’m a Lovell boy.

Brian Murphy July 1, 2010 at 2:34 pm

For years I’ve been telling my West Coast friends about WMWV and now they can listen in at home. Every time I read an article about the death of radio, I realize that because of our friends in the Mt Washington Valley, this is most emphatically not true.
Not since the early days of ‘underground’ FM in Los Angeles (RIP, KPPC) have I heard such a mix of music!
Brian Murphy
Plymouth, NH

Dale Ladner July 1, 2010 at 2:26 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for the live streaming……You folks are truly the finest, most comprehensive and personal radio station in New Hampshire and Maine. With the streaming you can overtake the world!

Paul Kucharski June 27, 2010 at 4:19 pm

My life is now complete. I heard you mention that you had a new website. Website… I never thought about it. I have traveled extensively for the past two years and I miss the sounds of home. Thanks for streaming! I have listened to radio seriously for 45 years all over the country. WMWV has always been the best and still is. But you knew that. Keep up the music without boundaries!
Paul Kucharski