Medical Office Counts 394 Overdose Deaths for 2017

by Christian Mower on January 24, 2018

 

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — The New Hampshire Medical Examiner’s Office says so far, it has counted 394 drug overdose deaths in 2017, a drop from 485 in 2016.

The drop is the first in five years.

The Office of Chief Medical Examiner says there are 91 cases from 2017 that are pending toxicology results and a review. It is projecting 450 overdose deaths for the year.

The leading cause of drug deaths in the state has been traced to fentanyl overdoses.