An early Sunday morning fire in Stow destroyed a home. ~ Photo Courtesy of East Conway Volunteer Fire Department Facebook page
STOW,ME – A weekend fire in Stow has left 5 people homeless. According to the Saco Valley Fire Association several departments from New Hampshire and Maine responded just after midnight on Sunday to a structure fire at a home just off of Route 113.
The massive blaze could be seen connecting the home to their barn.
Thanks to their smoke alarms the two residents who were home at the time and the family dog made it out safely.
The fire was declared under control about an hour after crews arrived, but unfortunately the home was destroyed.
The cause of the fire has yet to be determined and the Maine State Fire Marshal’s office is expected to be on scene today (Monday 3/12/18) to investigate.