Wolfeboro Man Faces Several Charges After Leading Police On Chase

32-year-old Scott Sanborn of Wolfeboro was arrested after leading Police on a chase Monday ~ Photo Courtesy of Wolfeboro Police

Wolfeboro, NH – Wolfeboro Police were lead on an early morning chase Monday morning. According to Police an officer was attempting to stop a vehicle that was allegedly speeding near Morrissey’s Front Porch at around 4:30 am. The driver, later identified as 32-year-old Scott Sanborn of Wolfeboro, failed to stop and made an abrupt left turn down Cove’s End Road where he then quickly stopped the vehicle on the lawn of a private residence after running out of roadway. Sanborn then fled from the vehicle, which had two other occupants still inside.

The vehicle the suspect allegedly fled in an attempt to evade Wolfeboro Police before later being arrested ~ Photo Courtesy of Wolfeboro Police

Back up from Wolfeboro and Alton Police responded, including the Wolfeboro’s K9, Riggs and his handler Senior Patrolman Mike Strauch. After approximately ninety-minutes Police tracked down Sanborn to the Lake Motel, where he had allegedly broken into a room.

Sanborn was arrested and taken to Huggins Hospital for evaluation and treatment for cold weather exposure that he received while trying to evade authorities. Police said that “Mr. Sanborn jumped into several bodies of water to avoid detection by the PD’s K-9-it did not work”

Police said that Sanborn was under suspension at the time of the stop for a previous infraction. Investigators said they observed at least one hypodermic needle, believed to contain methadone, inside Sanborn’s car. The vehicle has been impounded by the Wolfeboro Police and is being held pending the application of a Search Warrant.

Sanborn was charged with Driving While Intoxicated (Second Offense), Speed, Possession of Drugs, Transportation of Drugs in a Motor Vehicle, Driving After Suspension, Disobeying a Police Officer, Criminal Trespass, Criminal Mischief, Negligent Driving. and Obstructing Governmental Operations. He was later bailed from Huggins Hospital with a Court Date of 20 December 2017 in the Third Circuit Court in Ossipee, NH.

Wolfeboro Police Chief Dean Rondeau said “This was really good team work and show cases just how well our Police and Central Dispatch work together in a high stress situation. Wolfeboro Central Dispatch was able to follow the Officers circumstances and get the appropriate resources to the right location in a timely fashion to make this arrest happen.”